The Valley Ford staff congratulates the 2014 NFC Champions the Seattle Seahawks....on to the Super Bowl!
THE ALL NEW 2015 FORD F-150 IS HOT!
The 2015 F-150 delivers an impressive combination of power, capability and efficiency - from advanced materials that improve durability and inhibit corrosion, to faster processors that enhance driving performance, to breakthrough cargo management and towing solutions.
"F-150 is well-known for being Built Ford Tough. Now, it is both tough and smart," said Mark Fields, Ford Motor Company chief operating officer. "The all-new F-150 redefines the future of trucks, and it is yet another example of our One Ford plan to produce vehicles that serve customers with a commitment to the very best quality, fuel efficiency, safety, smart design and value."
F-150 is part of the Ford F-Series truck lineup, America's best-selling truck for 37 consecutive years and America's best-selling vehicle for 32 years.
"We have a unique connection with our customers," said Joe Hinrichs, Ford executive vice president and president of The Americas. "Time and again, F-150 has delivered the tougher, smarter features they want, along with the capabilities they need for work or play. We build our trucks to their high standards."
In designing the backbone of the F-150, Ford engineers improved the truck's signature fully boxed ladder frame. It is all-new with more high-strength steel than ever - making it stronger and lighter. High-strength, military-grade, aluminum alloys - already used in aerospace - are used throughout the F-150 body for the first time, improving dent and ding resistance and saving weight. Overall, up to 700 pounds of weight have been saved, helping F-150 tow more, haul more, accelerate quicker and stop shorter, and contributing to efficiency.
"More than ever before, customers want a truck that is a dependable partner, mobile office and a go-anywhere workshop," said Raj Nair, Ford group vice president, Global Product Development. "To meet the needs of our truck customers, we created smart new features and a whole new approach to using advanced materials and engines to improve capability and efficiency."
Before the 2015 F-150 goes on sale, it will have been torture-tested in labs, at Ford proving grounds and in the hands of some of Ford's most demanding truck customers for more than 10 million miles.
The grueling testing simulates the demands Ford customers will subject the truck to throughout its average lifetime. These include crisscrossing the country pulling heavy trailers and hefty loads through desert valleys and over high-altitude mountain passes - in temperatures from 20 degrees below zero to 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
Customers using F-150 for construction, mining and utility work have tested and helped prove out its high-strength, aluminum-alloy cargo box.
A disguised new Ford F-150 even raced in the Baja 1000, where it earned the distinction of completing all 883 grueling miles of the event, while other purpose-built race vehicles could not.
To perform in these challenging conditions, the frame uses high-strength steel rated up to 70,000 psi - stronger than the steel found in some competitors' heavy-duty pickup truck frames. Eight through-welded crossmembers provide increased stiffness, while staggered rear outboard shocks help provide stability.
Several groundbreaking new productivity features debut in the 2015 F-150. These include:
- Available 360-degree camera view uses exterior cameras to create a bird's-eye view of the truck to help the driver park, maneuver in tight spots and navigate down narrow trails
- Available integrated loading ramps enable easy loading of ATVs, motorcycles and mowers
- Available BoxLink? is a combination of metal brackets and custom cleats used to secure a variety of accessories in the cargo box - from ramps to storage bins to bed dividers
- Available LED headlamps and taillamps provide excellent nighttime visibility
- Available trailer hitch assist is a new rear view camera feature that adds a dynamic line based on steering wheel angle in the display to help customers line up truck and trailer without requiring a spotter or having to get out of the vehicle
- Available smart trailer tow module uses an all-new wiring harness that helps identify and inform the driver of potential trailer connectivity issues, burned or unlit trailer marker lamps, and brake light and trailer battery faults
- Available remote tailgate allows for the tailgate to be locked, unlocked and released with the key fob - eliminating manual locking and increasing convenience and security. The tailgate also is damped, dropping down, hands-free, to a flat position when opened
- Available 400-watt, 110-volt power outlets in the cab, allowing drivers to easily charge corded tools, batteries or mobile devices on-site or while driving
- LED spotlights on sideview mirrors provide powerful, durable and bright lighting around the vehicle exterior
- Latest engine technology in an available all-new, efficient 2.7-liter EcoBoost® engine that features extremely high output and lightweight design
- Available next-generation tailgate step is now fully integrated inside the tailgate and virtually invisible when not in use
Other smart innovations include:
- New 8-inch LCD productivity screen in the instrument panel includes tabbed navigation pages - from fuel economy to towing tips - and the ability to create a customized home screen for customers to access their most frequently used pages in one place
- LED lighting embedded in the walls of the cargo box brightly illuminates the box interior to help customers quickly find tools or other items
- Rear under-seat storage in F-150 Super and Crew cabs provides hidden storage for valuables. One storage bin is located underneath the rear seat
- Deployable boxside step is now available for the short 5.5-foot box
These features join available driver aids, including SYNC® with MyFord Touch®, hill start assist, MyKey®, rear view camera, reverse sensing and trailer brake controller.
Valley Ford is proud of our Service team. If you have any questions or concerns on your Ford please call the following staff:
Cody Swearingen - Service Manager
Paul Reames - Service Advisor
Wade Remillard - Service Advisor